A band saw is a very important tool to have in your workshop, with a long blade that is made up of an extended band of metal which has saw teeth, spread between two or more wheels. The blade is usually a ribbon, as it is continuously rotated within the wheels, similar to a working fan. This article on the band saw reviews enlightens you on the best types of band saws, how they work, what you need to know before you purchase one and how best you can maintain it.
A standard-quality band saw is unarguably the easiest cutting machine that can be added to your workshop. One of the major advantages is to provide you with an enabling environment where you can regularly cut whatever you need in different shapes and sizes.
There’s a lot to know when it comes to band saws, especially if you have made the decision to purchase one, you need to take the time to make sure that you are making the best choice.
Top 5 Band Saw Reviews – 2020
|LED work light|
1.5-inch dust port
Adjustable air springs
|3-in-1 Dust Collection Port|
Cuts up to 3inches deep and 9 inches wide
|V groove in front shoe|
32,000 cuts per minute
Lightweight and cordless
|1/2 Hp, 2.5 Amps, 1725 Rpm|
Blade Size: 62" X 1/8" X 3/8"
Blade tracking window
Top Pick – SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw
The SKIL 3386-02 120-volt 9-inch stationary band saw comprises of a 9-inch blade. It has a 2.5-amp motor along with a rack and pinion table mitre, a ribbed aluminum table with tilting adjustment ranging from 0 to 45, and a blade guide adjustment for custom depth settings.
The top of the table is a full 11-13/16-inch square and the cutting depth is 3-1/8-inch and a throat depth of 9 inches.
This best 9-inch band saw comes with an intelligently structured in-built light for increased visibility and a bump-off power switch. The dust port captures debris, and the rack and pinion settings allow for easy angle and height regulating.
This saw is modified to work effectively and efficiently with wood materials. If you need straight, accurate cuts of different shapes and sizes, then you most certainly need the SKIL band saw. Features:
- Very easy to install
- It has a rip fence for straight, accurate cuts. The 6-TPI band saw blade cuts through a variety of wood materials of different shapes and sizes.
- Features an articulating LED work light for a better view of the workpiece and cut-line.
- Comprises of a 1-1/2-inch dust port that keeps the work area clear of dust.
- Consist of a rack and pinion table adjustment for quick angle and height adjustments
- The motor is 1-speed for wood or metal-based materials.
- Features rugged durable components including air springs and all hardware.
- Possesses fully adjustable air springs to level your vehicle when towing or hauling a heavy load for a safe comfortable ride.
Runner up – Best Metal Band Saw -WEN 3962 Two-Speed BandSaw with Stand and Worklight, 10 Inch
The WEN 3962 Two Speed Band Saw is specifically made for woodworkers and metal fabricators as well as construction workers. This best band saw is used also by those employed in steel mills, the timber cutting industry, and butchers.
This machine has a 3-in-1 Dust Port to fit different hose sizes for dust collection (1-3/4, 2-3/4, 4 inches). The modification of this saw uses 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size for a variety of both intricate and powerful cuts.
This machine also has a double-Speed Operation, where the blade runs at either 1520 or 2620 feet per minute to meet the needs of any given project within the stipulated time is given. This machine is equipped with a full 6 inches of resaw capacity which provides you with the ability to cut boards up to six inches thick. Adding this with the 9-3/4-inch throat for a machine that can take on more wood than other 10-inch band saws. The machine also creates angled cuts up to six inches in depth by bevelling the 14-1/8 x 12-1/2-inch table up to 0°-45° to the right. This machine has a flexible work light installed in it to illuminate the workpiece, a thick fence for creating straight cuts, a mitre gauge to cut along exact, angles, and a 25-inch stand to elevate the band saw.
This machine is a heavyweight machine (especially the 14-inch model), but that only means exceptional cutting strength. it is used especially when cutting down long rails on the roof, conduit, and industrial pallet racking and anything else as long as they’re workpieces you can bring them to the unit versus tubes and the pipes that are installed already.
- Adjustable Fence
- Uses 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size
- Dimensions of the stand: 13 3/4 L x 15 3/4 W x 25 1/4H (Inches)
- 3-in-1 Dust Collection Port
- 25-Inch Stand
- Flexible Worklight with Independent Power Switch
- Onboard Measuring Guide
- Ball-Bearing Operation
- Sliding Miter Gauge
- Beveling Table
- Entails a warranty of 2-year
Budget-Friendly – Wen 3959 9 inch Benchtop BandSaw
One of the best band 9 inch saw is the Wen 3959 9 inch Benchtop Band Saw is a very powerful machine, this saw glides through boards with cuts Up To 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide. The 2.5-amp motor moves round the additional 3/8-inch blade at up to 2500 feet per minute. The model of this saw uses 59-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in width for both complex and powerful cuts.
The large Work Table Measures in at 12 X 12 Inches in Size and Can Be Bevelled from 0° to 45°z. This Package has A Handy Carrying Handle, A Miter Gauge, An Onboard Dust Port, A Fence for Creating Straight Cuts, And a flexible Blade Guard.
Ball-Bearings provides the blade easy operation and a long-lasting life span and years of constant and dependable service.
- The 2.5-amp motor works the blade up to 2500 ft in 60 seconds
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- It Uses 59-inch blades from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- A wide-open 12 x 12-inch work table tilt up to 45 degrees
- Has a 3/8-inch-wide blade, a dust port, a fence, a miter gauge, and a 2-year warranty
DEWALT DCP580B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless Planer
Another one of best band saw is the DEWALT 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless Planer, Bare Tool (DCP580B) comes with a brushless motor which produces power and runtime of 32,000 cuts per minute and can complete a fast dispersal rate in 5/64″ (2 mm approximately) the highest depth of cut, also for high efficiency and that adds to sustain speed under load.
The accurate machined front and back aluminum shoes make sure there is a resemblance of cut alongside with a kickstand that gives the user the ability to rest the planer on the work surface without scattering the material.
With a poly-V drive belt which helps to maintain increased belt durability and an ergonomically shaped handle produces greater comfort and reduced fatigue for users. It includes Planer, Users Guide, Guide Fence, Wrench.
Lightweight and cordless, the planer can be freely transported within the job site without the disturbance of a cord. The planer weighs 6.7lbs and operates off of the DEWALT 20V MAX battery system.
- Brushless Motor provides power and runtime 1/16″ (1.5mm) maximum depth of cut
- Precision-machined front and back aluminum shoes ensure resemblance of cut
- Precision machined V groove in front shoe allows for edge chamfering
- Provides 32,000 cuts per minute for fast removal
- Kickstand allows the user to rest the planer on the work surface without damage to the material
- Poly-V drive belt provides increased belt durability
- Depth of cut in mm is 2mm
- Depth of cut 5/64”
- No-load speed 15000 RPM
- Planer blade width 3 ¼”
- Planer type portable
POWERTEC BS900 BandSaw, 9-Inch
This best band saw the BS900 model is a suitable quick-fix, for interested users because of its ease of use and its adaptability. The blade range is satisfactory, and it gives you the opportunity to select between scroll cutting, resawing, and so on.
It comprises of Induction Motor. 1/2 Hp, 2.5 Amps, 1725 Rpm, with a Blade Size of 62″ X 1/8″ X 3/8″, consist of an aluminum Die Casting Table with Size: 11-3/4″ X 11-3/4″, also with a dust Port of 2 inches”, Throat Depth: 9″, Max. Depth Of Cut At 90 Degrees: 3-5/8″, Max. Depth Of Cut At 45 Degrees: 2″. 50 Lbs.
Even though the BS900 can handle a different variety of materials of different shapes and sizes, it’s mainly used for woodworking. When it comes to the best band saw for woodworking, this design can handle any size and thickness with ease and produce good results.
The simplified design in addition to a somewhat acceptable price is one of the major selling points of this model. Features:
- Quick and easy blade change
- Table with rack and pinion adjustment for an easy tilt to 45 degrees
- Does have blade tracking window
- Blade size range 1/8-Inch to 3/8-Inch increased versatility for scroll cutting.