The cordless jigsaw is one of the most sophisticated and useful tool options at your disposal. With a very agile blade and lightweight frame, the jigsaw is fit for a large range of the project, making it practically indispensable, whether you’re on a job site or working in your home garage.
However, they don’t offer quite as much power, cordless jigsaws are handy and free to use because you can bring them anywhere. Hence, when you have to make cuts on the fly or on materials that aren’t freestanding, having the best cordless jigsaw can make all the difference. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at the top cordless models available on the market today.
To make the experience even better and convenient, we recommend the cordless ones.
In this article, we are going to discuss the Top 10 Best Cordless Jigsaw. We rank them based on their quality, performance, and price.
We hope our cordless jigsaw reviews and guide will help you one step closer towards finding the jigsaw that suits your needs.
Top 5 Best Cordless JigSaw Products:
Top pick – DeWalt DCS331B Jigsaw
The DeWalt DCS331B is our number one choice. It is a high-quality model that comes with a dust blower built into it. This is a really good feature if you are going to be working on a lot of projects because it blows the dust away from you.
The company is reputable, and they have put a lot of thought into the construction of this model. It is made out of durable steel and will last a long time.
It has a keyless blade that can be replaced without the use of any tools. You do need to be careful when it comes to choosing the right blade for the job, though, but that is true of all jigsaws.
You have a variable speed range of up to 3000 PM. It does not come with a battery or charger, and that is a bit of a nuisance, but it does make it more affordable. Anything from straight lines to looping curves to 90-degree corners is easily within reach using the DeWalt DCS331B, a well-balanced tool with a quick, keyless blade change mechanism. Woodworkers will appreciate its impressive maneuverability.
- All-metal, lever-action, keyless blade modification permits for fast and straightforward blade changes
- All-metal, keyless shoe bevel with detents at 0°, 15°, 30°, and 45° provides skillfulness for simple bevel cutting
- 4-position orbital action provides management of cut quality and speed
- Adjustable mud blower keeps line of cut further from chips
- Variable speed 0-3,000 spm for versatility in a multitude of materials and applications
- Anti-slip comfort grip for increased comfort and control
- Allows the T-shank jig saw blades for maximum holding power and accurate@ results
Runner up – Best JigSaw for Woodworking – PORTER-CABLE PCC650B
PORTER-CABLE PCC650B 20V grievous bodily harm Li|metallic element|metal} blank Jigsaw options 3 orbital settings which might simply modify the cut aggressiveness across a wide selection of applications. It additionally options a variable speed trigger (0-2,500 SPM) that provides management for clean and correct cuts.
The integrated dust blower clears debris for better visibility. It also has a tool-free blade release that allows for quick and easy blade changes, along with a beveling shoe that provides the ability to cut 0 to 45-degree bevel cuts. The contoured over-moulded handle optimizes increased comfort.
Applications include: Straight and scroll cuts in wood and metal, Bevel cuts in wood, Sink cutouts, Cutting PVC pipe, Cutting up to 1.5″ copper pipe. This tool is an element of the 20V grievous bodily harm System – a high-performance conductor platform. (This may be a blank tool item – battery oversubscribed separately).
Easily adjust the cut aggressiveness across a wide range of applications. The variable-speed trigger permits you to management the speed of the blade for clean and correct cuts. The dirt blower wipes rubbish for better visibility. Quickly change out the blade with the tool-free blade release. Plus, the contoured over-moulded handle optimizes comfort.
- Dust Blower clears debris for better visibility
- Tool-free blade release allows for quick and easy blade changes
- 3 orbital settings simply adjust cut aggressiveness across a wide selection of applications
- Different speed allows (0-2,500 SPM) give control for clean and professional cuts
- Beveling shoe provides the ability to chop zero to forty-five-degree bevel cuts
- Contoured Overmolded Handle optimized for increased comfort
- 20V Max System high-performance cordless platform
Budget-Friendly – BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20C
The BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20C 20V MAX Lithium Jigsaw provides cutting versatility and compact portability all in one. It offers a robust motor delivering 2500 pm with the convenience of a conductor tool. This jigsaw features a tool-free blade change eliminating project downtime, while built-in dust blower and a clear line of sight make detailed cuts easy.
This best value jigsaw is ideal for detailed precise cuts across a multitude of materials. A variable speed trigger permits for increased management, with a 45-degree bevel shoe capacity for angled cuts in both directions. It has a built-in dust blower, and a wire guard provides a clear line of sight. This saw accepts each U and T shank blades. Perfect for detailed cuts, precision cuts, following curved lines and plunge cuts. Part of the 20V MAX system.
Cutting versatility and compact portability all in one. Powerful motor delivering 2500 rpm with the convenience of a cordless tool. Features a tool-free blade change eliminating project downtime while built-in dust blower and a clear line of sight make detailed cuts easy. Ideal for detailed precise cuts across a multitude of materials. This is backed by BLACK+DECKER’s a pair of year restricted guarantee.
- Variable speed trigger for increased control
Tool-free blade change
- 45° bevel shoe capability for angular cuts in each direction
- Built-in dust blower
- Wire guard provides a clear line of sight
- Accepts both U and T shank blades
- Perfect for detailed cuts, precision cuts, following curved lines, and plunge cuts
- Battery and charger included
- Part of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* System
BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20B 20V MAX
The BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20B 20V MAX Lithium Jigsaw Bare Tool provides cutting versatility and compact portability all in one. It offers a robust motor delivering 2500 pm with the convenience of a conductor tool. This jigsaw features a tool-free blade change eliminating project downtime, while built-in dust blower and a clear line of sight make detailed cuts easy. It is ideal for detailed precise cuts across a multitude of materials.
A variable speed trigger permits for exaggerated management, with a 45-degree bevel shoe capacity for angled cuts in both directions. It has a built-in dust blower, and a wire guard provides a clear line of sight. This saw accepts each U and T shank blades. Perfect for detailed cuts, precision cuts, following curved lines and plunge cuts.
The BDCJS20B 20V scoop conductor Lithium-Ion Jigsaw delivers cutting skillfulness and compact movableness dead one. It has a powerful motor delivering 2,500 SPM with the convenience of a cordless tool. This best rated jigsaw features a tool-free blade change eliminating project downtime while built-in dust blower and a clear line of sight make detailed cuts easy. The BDCJS20B is ideal for detailed precise cuts across a multitude of materials.
- Variable speed trigger for increased control
Tool-free blade change
- 45-degree bevel shoe capability for angular cuts in each direction
- Built-in dust blower
- Wire guard provides a clear line of sight
- Accepts both U- and T-shank blades
- Perfect for detailed cuts, precision cuts, following curved lines and plunge cuts
Hitachi CJ18DSLP4 Lithium-Ion conductor 18-Volt
The Hitachi CJ18DSLP4 Lithium-Ion conductor maneuverability saw combines comfort and convenience with maneuverability at its core. It’s compatible with all Hitachi 18-volt, Lithium-Ion slide-type batteries (sold separately) and is capable of generating a no-load speed of two,400-SPM. The lightweight design (4.5-pounds) with an ergonomic D-shaped handle and soft grip, provide total comfort during use.
A convenient light-emitting diode lightweight illuminates the cutting path for exaggerated exactitude. This jigsaw allows the user to produce professional results with high efficiency. This best jigsaw tool-less blade change system is quick and convenient and the battery indicator light warns the user when they run time is low to reduce unexpected downtime.
The CJ18DSLP4 The Hitachi CJ18DSLP4 Lithium-Ion conductor 18-Volt Jig Saw comes with a lifespan Lithium-Ion tool assurance. The Hitachi Power Tools gives an accurate-grade power tool for a spread of activities, such as woodwork, metalwork, concrete, drilling, cutting and fastening. The Hitachi may be in forefront of tools analysis and development and have achieved several firsts within the tool trade.
- Three-mode orbital action allows for accurate and efficient cuts in a variety of materials
- Tool-less blade changing system makes for quick and easy replacements
- LED light for convenient visibility and precise cuts
45 Degree angle adjusts to fulfill the appliance
- Lightweight at 4.5 lbs for superior control and maneuverability
- Equipped with Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty
- Recommended battery – 330139,
Other Cordless Jigsaw Reviews:
The RYOBI introduces the 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless Brushless Jig Saw (Tool Only). This jigsaw combines preciseness and power while not the twine. The brushless motor provides additional runtime, quicker cutting, more power, and longer motor life. When paired with LITHIUM+™ HP batteries, you’ll be able to rise up to three,350 strokes per minute on one battery charge.
This best jigsaw power tool has a cast aluminum no mar shoe for maximum durability, a sight-line blower that clears debris for accurate cutting, and an LED work light to increase visibility while cutting. It options a variable speed dial for slow starts to quick cutting, tool-free blade clamp for fast and simple blade changes, and a keyless bevel base that adjusts from 0° to 45° right or left for sleek and simple bevel changes.
This tool is ideal for woodworkers, construction workers, or anyone looking for a best-in-class jigsaw. Backed by the RYOBI 3-Year Manufacturer’s guarantee, the 18-Volt ONE+ conductor Brushless Jig Saw (Tool Only) includes (1) wood cutting blade and an operator’s manual.
- Brushless motor provides a lot of runtimes, quicker cutting, more power, and longer motor life
- Compatible with LITHIUM+™ power unit batteries for even higher performance
- Lock on the trigger with variable speed dial permits for slow starts to quick cutting
- Tool-free blade clamp makes blades changes fast and straightforward
- Keyless bevel base that adjusts from 0° to 45° right or left for a swish and straightforward bevel changes
- 4 orbital positions for speedy cutting
- Cast aluminum no mar shoe for maximum durability
- Powerful sight-line blower clears junk for a lot of correct cutting
- LED work light to increase visibility while cutting On-board blade storage for user’s convenience.
Bosch JSH180 Lithium-ion 18V Jig Saw
The Bosch JSH180 Lithium-ion 18V jig saw is compact and light-weight. Its T-shank blade change system allows the user to insert the blade just without the need for any tools, and when it’s time for a blade change, a turn of knob ejects the blade, therefore there’s no ought to bit a hot blade. This jigsaw also features an always-on blower and integrated LED light for enhanced visibility in the cutting area.
The sophisticated physics package includes Electronic Motor Protection (EMP), which protects the motor against overload and ensures a long lifetime and the Electronic Cell Protection (ECP) protects the battery (sold separately) against overload, overheating and deep discharge. This best bosch jigsaw has the CoolPack 18V lithium-ion batteries style with a unique heat-conductive housing and ribbing that cools them by bringing out heat out, giving the battery lifetime of up to 100% over Lithium-ion batteries without the CoolPack design.
- Compact – up to 100% smaller than a leading challenger
- One-handed blade insertion and ejection for convenience and easy use
- Smallest grip diameter reduces user fatigue throughout extended-use applications
- Always-on mud blower helps keep supposed cut line visible
- LED light for illuminating cut line
- Adjustable footplate for bevel cuts of up to 45°
On-board bevel wrench storage for more convenience
- Electronic Motor Protection (EMP) protects the motor against overload and ensures a protracted time period.
Makita XVJ02Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Jig Saw, Bare-Tool
The Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials. Variable 6-speed control dial (800 – 3,500 SPM) enables a user to match the speed to the application.
No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to five hundredths longer run-time per charge.
The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, sanctionative. The BL Motor to run cooler and a lot of with efficiency for extended life. The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor expeditiously uses energy to match force and SPM to the ever-changing demands of the appliance Soft begin suppresses start-up reaction for a lot of control and better accuracy
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- Brushless motor and three orbital settings and straight cutting deliver quicker and a lot of correct cuts in a very sort of materials.
- Variable 6-speed control dial provide 800 – 3,500 SPM enabling you to match the speed to the application
- Tool-less blade modification system permits for quicker blade installation and removal for enlarged productivity
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience with lock-on button
- Heavy gauge Al base for swish, accurate cutting and added durability
- Dual LED lights illuminate the work area
Rubberized soft grip handle provides enlarged comfort on the task
- Built-in mud blower clears the road of cut for enlarged accuracy
Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2645-20 18-Volt M18 Jig Saw
The M18 conductor Jigsaw is Milwaukee’s 1st Jigsaw power-driven by Lithium-Ion. 2645-22 delivers accuracy, versatility and ease-of-use. The 5-position orbital setting offers additional cutting skillfulness than the other conductor Jigsaw on the market. This allows the user to pick out the kind of cut or speed specific to their application. For ease-of-use, the tool-free shoe bevel permits for fast and correct shoe changes, whereas the Quik-Lok Blade Clamp provides quick and simple blade amendment.
- Quik-Lok Blade Clamp provides quick and simple keyless blade modification
- Tool-free shoe bevel with positive stops permits for fast and correct shoe adjustment
- The tool-free shoe bevel with position stops allows for a maximum 45 degrees bevel in either direction with detents
- Milwaukee 5-position orbital cutting offers the foremost skillfulness for application-specific cutting than any conductor Jigsaw on the market
- Over-moulded grip with variable speed trigger provides optimum management for cutting a range of materials
- Non-marring shoe protects the work surface from damage.
Bosch JS120BN 12V Max Barrel-Grip Jig Saw
The Bosch JS120BN 12V Max Barrel-Grip Jig Saw provides fast cutting and long runtime, making it ideal for cutting out unique shapes in multiple materials. An outstanding tool for end carpenters, cabinet makers or kitchen installers, this compact jigsaw has a compact size – just 9.4 in. long and only 3.3 lbs.
It provides a three-stage orbital action to match cutting execution with an application, powering up to 2,800 strokes per minute, and it has a counterbalanced low-vibration plunge mechanism. It has a 45-deg. bevel angle range. This lightweight jigsaw will pass over wood and aluminum; it delivers a two in. maximum capacity in wood. It has a single-handed blade change with toolless T-Shank blade design. It also has an integrated LED light.
- Compact, applied science barrel-grip body with direct soft-grip space for management and luxury
- High performance with extended runtime and quick cutting
- Variable-speed dial for matching speed to a task, with a no-load speed of 1,500-2,800 SPM
- Smallest grip diameter reduces user fatigue throughout extended use applications
- Multi-directional blade clamp provides superior grip of T-shank blades (does not settle for U-shank blades)
- Counterbalanced low-vibration plunge mechanism ensures extremely smooth operation
- Switchable junction rectifier lighting for increased visibility of cutting space
- Three orbital-action settings give totally different blade strokes for swish to aggressive cuts
- Die-cast aluminum platform with no-mar plastic footgear for increased glide properties and protection of fine work surface
- Footplate adjusts for bevel cuts up to 45-deg.
- On-board bevel wrench storage for convenience
- On-off slide switch
Makita-built variable speed motor
The Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,600 strokes per minute for quick and economical cutting. 3 orbital settings and straight cutting to be used in a very big selection of materials. “Tool-less” blade specification system allows for fast blade installation and removal for large productivity. Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience.
Heavy gauge, exactitude machined base for sleek, correct cutting and additional sturdiness. Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area. Weighs only 6.1 lbs. Rubberized soft grip handle provides enlarged comfort on the work. Equipped with Star Protection laptop Controls™ to guard against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s intrinsic chip throughout the charging.
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,600 strokes per minute for quick and economical cutting
- 3 orbital settings and straight cutting to be used in an exceedingly wide selection of materials
- Tool-less blade amendment system permits for quicker blade installation and removal for accumulated productivity
- Big 2-finger with different speed trigger for more convenience
- Heavy gauge, exactitude machined base for sleek, correct cutting and more sturdiness.
Power and Speed
Are you buying a conductor jigsaw for little projects?
If so, you won’t need to worry about as much as you would in other instances. A contractor would desire a heavy jigsaw with an enormous battery pack and a rugged build.
Consumers that only plan to use their saw on occasion may want to dial things down to a lower voltage, which in turn decreases the price and weight. That’s in most cases, as there are a few exceptions to this particular rule.
With speed, you will want a tool that allows you to adjust the strokes per minute. This is how speed is measured, and the best cordless jigsaw will always have a variable speed control system. If a saw has this feature, you can start off as slow as you’d like, and kick the motor all the way up to 3,000 SPM.
Need to cut at an angle? You can do this simply with a top-quality jigsaw provided it’s associate degree adjustable bevel. Most do, and the ones on our list are certainly no exception.
This feature lets you move the base anywhere between 45 to 90-degrees, but the way you make adjustments varies across the board. As we live in modern times, all of the top models are “keyless” now so setting the angle only takes a matter of seconds.
Depth of Cut
Most jigsaws can slice to a pair of inches of depth in trade applications, and just about 1/2 in. on metal. Some jigsaws may feature a slightly deeper cut, but this isn’t necessarily desirable on a jigsaw, as the deeper the action, the better the chance of the blade bending and breaking.
Because jigsaws blades have a tendency to bend, particularly on thicker stock, a deep cutting depth is more likely to create an undesirable angled cut. To avoid this, stop cutting directly up to your cut line. Instead, leave a bit of material next to the line (1/8 inch is acceptable), and then use an oscillating drum sander to finish down to the line.
Some varieties of jigsaws square measure marketed as scroll saws. They have a blade-steering knob on top of the tool’s body, directly in line with the blade, that allows the blade to be rotated while cutting.
In theory, this feature should make it easier to cut tight curves, but the problem with these saws is that pressure behind the blade must be kept consistent in order to control the cut, and this can be difficult when the knob is turned to a sharp angle. Many woodworkers find that scrolling capability really isn’t necessary and may even be counter-productive in certain situations.
Some jigsaws have a feature that blows a stream of air over the work simply prior to the blade. This keeps the cutting line free of sawdust and debris, making it easier to follow the cutting line. This is a mildly helpful feature, but not one that is essential. In the best saws, the stream of air may be adjusted
Frequently asked questions
Who needs to buy a jigsaw?
The jigsaw saw is generally sorted out for by people who want to make both straight and curved cuts in a wide variety of materials, including wood, particleboard, plywood, plastic, metal, even ceramic tile. It’s also safe and easy to use, which is why it’s often the very first power saw a new DIYer buys. Yet despite its versatility, the jigsaw is arguably the most under purchased power tool in the shop. Often it’s purchased only to make the occasional curved cut, but this tool can do much more.
Which type of works needed a jigsaw?
Jigsaws are the best tools that excel at cutting curves in metal and wood. A jigsaw consists of a saw blade and a motor that play a significant role in this tool. Jigsaws area unit used principally for trade however they will cut metal too. They are particularly useful for cutting irregular shapes from wood such as curves and stencils. There are a variety of different blades that can be used on a jigsaw which can all cope with different types of materials. Replacement blades are easy to source and are relatively inexpensive. So if you have a variety of material to cut, such as wooden or metal material into irregular shapes and curves, then you need to purchase a jigsaw.
Will These Jigsaws Sit Comfortably On My Hands?
The jigsaws from DEWALT and BOSCH have very comfortable grips, so this shouldn’t be a problem. The Bosch tool is a top-handle jigsaw, and it’s not broad too, so it should fit the average hand. Its design is very simple, too many fancy additions tend to ruin a lot of products. And the JS470E also has a secure clamping system place, so you shouldn’t be afraid of the jigsaw falling off while you’re using it.
What Does The Warranty Cover?
The warranties on these jigsaws cover manufacturer defects and any other internal errors. The shortest on this page is a 2-year limited warranty. If you’ve spent money on a jigsaw, you should get that guarantee that if anything goes wrong, the manufacturers have your back and that’s a good deal if you ask me.
So you’ve read reviews of jigsaws from different brands. Each and every jigsaw reviewed here delivers a great deal of power for your DIY and even heavy-duty projects. When next you’re having a tough time cutting through those hard metals, you should be able to know which jigsaw to get. Our top choice is the DeWalt DCS331B, it has a really good feature if you are going to be working on a lot of projects because it blows the dust away from you, as it comes with an inbuilt dust blower.
While the PORTER-CABLE PCC650B comes in next as It also has an inbuilt dust blower and a tool-free blade release that allows for quick and easy blade changes. If you’re searching for a budget friendly jigsaw for the cash, the BLACK+DECKER BDCJS20C 20V MAX Lithium Jigsaw provides cutting versatility and compact portability all in one, you’re getting good value without spending too much, what could be better? The brands that were reviewed in this post are businesses you can always trust to deliver. So write down what you want in a jigsaw. And if you need reviews of jigsaws to help you make that buying decision, then this is one for you.